5 Ways to become an expert in anything via the internet
These days, we can literally become an expert in anything we set our minds to. With the help of Wikipedia, almost anyone can tell you who ruled London in the 12th century and how to make the best apple turnover imaginable. We are a lucky generation to have so much knowledge available at our fingertips that we can go from a bartender to a wine connoisseur overnight.
Here are 5 ways to use the internet to become an expert in everything.
- Become a travel expert- With sites like Groupon and Orbitz, you can travel the globe on a fixed income and impress all your friends at your next book party meeting.
- Learn more about things that interest people. Start with wine. Everyone loves wine, so become an expert in it. With the help of Gold Medal Wine Club, you can sample a new wine every month and show off at your next work function.
- Try new things. Basically, just try new things. Think of something unique and then just do it.
- Use the internet for more than social media. Seriously, the internet existed before social media, so there are actually other things you can do with it! Read a book online or watch a documentary film on Genghis Khan.
- Ask a friend. I know I said there is more to the internet than social media, but you can always use social media to pick your colleagues brains. Join a group on LinkedIn about the history of Constantinople or find friends in your area who are into Jiu Jitsu via the Facebook fan page. Regardless of what you are into, there is someone else who is, too.
Keep in mind that while you become an expert, try not to become a know-it-all. There is a thin line many people walk when it comes to knowing something and thinking you know something.